Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The good: A couple of weekends ago some of my best gals hosted a fabulous shower for me and little Alice. It was absolutely perfect. It was girly and sweet and fun and wonderful...I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends. I was totally overwhelmed with all the goodies we got for the little one. It was out of control. We got tons of practical gifts and fun gifts. My favorite was a little gift from my mom and sister, it was a little newborn stocking hat with a little blue flower applique on it. After Alice outgrows the little hat, we're supposed to remove the applique and save it to be her "something blue" on her wedding day. It is the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time! Made me all misty-eyed. We got too many other fabulous things to list, but thanks to the generosity of our family and friends, we are well on our way to having everything we need for the little one! But more importantly, I had such a good time spending a lovely afternoon with all my favorite ladies. I am so lucky! Enjoy some pics from the shower below.

Look how cute!

Christi Hayne's fabulous cake bites! Yum!

Her little clothesline with monogrammed onesies and bibs and goodies! So cute!

Miss Anna Claire and Miss Molly had a big time!

Crazy!

Me and the lovely hostesses: Kristen, Katie, Amy, Julie and Lindsey.

The Bad and The Ugly: In other, not so fun news, I lost my job last week. I was a victim of the state government "budget-balancing" layoffs. I, maybe foolishly so, believed that my job was secure at least until I had the baby and returned from maternity leave. Silly me. Needless to say, this news took us by surprise and caused some major stress in the Williams household. Fretting about health insurance, money, etc. is not really how I planned to spend the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy. But I'm not going to let this rain on my parade. Staying stressed isn't good for me and it certainly isn't good for the little lady so I'm trying to stay upbeat and concentrate on all the good things we have coming our way. Alice is what matters most to us now and no silly job (or lack of that silly job) will take away from our excitement about her. So there.

On the bright side, I'm kind of enjoying my newly found free time! I've tagged along with Joey on his work day trips, worked on things for Alice's nursery, cooked, napped, caught up on my DVR, etc. It's been kinda fun! The whole housewife thing is kinda lovely. Maybe I'll even have time to update this blog more than once a month!

This week begins our weekly doctor appointments. I'll update soon on Alice's progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment