Thursday, July 8, 2010

28 Weeks!

Wow this is really flying by. If I really stop to think about how soon our little sweetie will be here, I get a major case of the panicky sweats. Of course I am beyond excited and can’t wait to see my best little girl, I’m just feeling a smidge overwhelmed by all we still have to do! But it’ll all come together. It always does (well it always comes together for other things like moving and holidays, this I’m not so sure about but I’m just telling myself it will anyway). I’m not really sure when the “nesting” phase officially begins, but I think I’m kinda there. I suddenly feel the need to clean out every closet, cabinet, drawer, etc. Not really sure why I feel like Alice is really going to need the space under my bathroom sink and I simply must throw away old lotions and potions before she gets here, but nonetheless I wanna purge! I cleaned out under the kitchen sink the other day and found 12 flower vases. How is that even possible? So we (yes that means you, too, Joey) are going to try to get some things cleaned out this weekend. Should be interesting.

So Alice has been moving like cra-zay. Always kicking and dancing. We were sitting at a restaurant this weekend and some oldie but goodie disco hit titled “Bad Girls” came on and that seemed to be her jam. The little sis had some rhythm, too. Not sure how I feel about her anthem being a song titled “Bad Girls” but hey at least she has some moves. She has the hiccups all the time, too. At first I had NO idea what was going on in there. I thought I could feel her heart beating and it kinda freaked me out. I consulted my expert, Mr. Google, and came to the conclusion that it was just a case of hiccups. She has them like 4 or 5 times a day at least. At first I worried that they were annoying her, but everything I read says that she shouldn't be bothered by them at all. She’s just a busy little bee!

This website I read has updates each week about how the baby is growing and developing. Here’s what it says this week: (Btw, why do they pick the strangest fruits and veggies for size references…a Chinese cabbage? Really? )

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

She’s chunking up! Yay! She wants to be just like her mama.

I’m going to try my bestest to update more regularly. Still trying to get the hang of the blogging thing. I have a doctor’s appointment next Friday. Hoping to hear that all is still well with the little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment